Posts Tagged ‘Satellite System’
It is rare to have a day that goes by without someone asking me how to set up their Multimo Satellite dish.
The problem seems to arise from the close proximity of the Astra 1 and Astra 2 satellites.
However this is the solution I find works the best.
When using the Multimo dish, you have to use a satellite finder to locate the satellite. This is relativly easy by turning the satellite finder up until it makes a noise and all the lights are illuminated.
Next turn down the Satfinder until it stops making a noise. THE TIP IS : Turn the Satfinder down an 1/8 of a turn further.
The reason for doing this is to reduce the sensitivity of the finder as the signal from Astra1 is weaker than the signal of the Astra 2 satellite. EASY
One more tip – If you are in the United Kingdom, set the hight of the dish to 23 degrees on the slide at the side.
The Oyster Satellite Company was founded over 10 years ago by the brothers Ten Haaft who produced one of the first fully automatic satellite systems on the market.
Now branded OYSTER, the company produces a large range of systems for all types of vehicles.
We are going to take a look at several systems in detail over the next few weeks, starting with the Caro Oyster Satellite system.
The Oyster Caro satellite system is flat which reduces the profile on your vehicle.
This system is also able to cover a good footprint area given the size of the dish.
What Vehicle is the Oyster Caro Suitable for?
The Caro can be used on almost every vehicle and makes a great motorhome satellite system, caravan satellite system and even a super little system for narrowboats.
The dish is operated from inside the vehicle using a single button and a easy to use on screen menu system.
The Oyster Satellite system offers an integrated EPG. (electronic programme guide) To make program selection easy.
For those of you who are interested in the technical specifications we have included it here.
- Digital satellite aiming
- Fully automatic aiming within 30 – 60 seconds (typically)
- High-performance digital receiver with integrated electronic control.
- CI card-slot system: 2 CI slots for encrypted programmes (module and card not included)
- On-screen display: simple and convenient control of all functions via on-screen menus: pre-set TV and radio programmes (selectable languages: DE, GB, NL, FR, IT, ES, PT, SE, NO, FI, DK, CZ, GR, PL)
- 5000 station pre-sets (3500 TV / 1500 radio)
- Teletext integrated in digital receiver
- EPG: integrated electronic programme guide for information on current programme and programme overview.
- TV-set volume control by CARO remote control.
- Satellite mouse with channel display for concealed installation of receiver in a storage compartment.
- OBSC system: automatic satellite swap at programme change
- Suitable for the usage till 60 degrees of latitude north
- Multiple audio and video inputs and outputs (including Dolby Digital)
- Automatic retraction at vehicle start
- High-quality craftsmanship and durable materials
- Height: approx. 14 cm
- Weight: approx. 14 kg
- 3-year warranty and reliable service
- HDCI: Receiver with 80 GB hard disk for approx. 40 hours of recording time for your favourite TV shows, time-shift function for viewing programmes while recording, 2.5“ shock- and vibration-proof hard disk, 2 CI slots for encrypted programmes.(module and card not included).
- DVB-T: Receiver with integrated DVB-T tuner for digital terrestrial reception. (DVB-T antenna not included).
The Caro Oyster Satellite system is well worth the cost and is easy to use and opperate.
For More information please use the link below.