The Camos Sat-Dome has been around for what seems to be centuries.
We decided to take the lid of the Camos Dome and take it apart, we must say that we were impressed.
The Dome Satellite System from Camos is well constructed an uses high quality components from the PCB to the stainless steel bolts.
Overall the dome provided an all round package that was hard to beat.
When you take the lid of the Camos Dome you notice that the unit is very clean and well presented. (Even with the lid off the unit is tidy)
The dome satellite dish is powered by some serious high speed motors which use heavy duty cam belts to move the dish.Image of the Heavy Duty motors
The LNB is also a quality unit and can be skewed if you need to.
LNB of the Camos Dome satellite System
We removed the dish is self to take a closer look at the bearings that enable the Camos Dome to move with ease.
Again the bearings used on the Camos Satellite Dome are tip top and would easily last a lifetime.
The whole satellite dish is self is moved using another motor which protrudes from the underside of the dish assembly.
This also has a support wheel with another heavy bearing through it.
After taking the Camos Dome Satellite System apart, we found that the unit was constructed using high quality components. This ensures that the unit is free from any maintanance.
The unit is reliable and easy to install which makes it an ideal unit for the avid DIY person.
We would like to thank TSW COMSAT for providing the unit for testing.
You can also see details of how to install a Camos Dome at CamosDome.com
We are always looking for things to take apart, so if you have a unit you would like us to look at please let us know.
Review by Caravan Satellite System
The Oyster Satellite Company was founded over 10 years ago by the brothers Ten Haaft who produced one of the first fully automatic satellite systems on the market.
Now branded OYSTER, the company produces a large range of systems for all types of vehicles.
We are going to take a look at several systems in detail over the next few weeks, starting with the Caro Oyster Satellite system.
The Oyster Caro satellite system is flat which reduces the profile on your vehicle.
This system is also able to cover a good footprint area given the size of the dish.
What Vehicle is the Oyster Caro Suitable for?
The Caro can be used on almost every vehicle and makes a great motorhome satellite system, caravan satellite system and even a super little system for narrowboats.
The dish is operated from inside the vehicle using a single button and a easy to use on screen menu system.
The Oyster Satellite system offers an integrated EPG. (electronic programme guide) To make program selection easy.
For those of you who are interested in the technical specifications we have included it here.
- Digital satellite aiming
- Fully automatic aiming within 30 – 60 seconds (typically)
- High-performance digital receiver with integrated electronic control.
- CI card-slot system: 2 CI slots for encrypted programmes (module and card not included)
- On-screen display: simple and convenient control of all functions via on-screen menus: pre-set TV and radio programmes (selectable languages: DE, GB, NL, FR, IT, ES, PT, SE, NO, FI, DK, CZ, GR, PL)
- 5000 station pre-sets (3500 TV / 1500 radio)
- Teletext integrated in digital receiver
- EPG: integrated electronic programme guide for information on current programme and programme overview.
- TV-set volume control by CARO remote control.
- Satellite mouse with channel display for concealed installation of receiver in a storage compartment.
- OBSC system: automatic satellite swap at programme change
- Suitable for the usage till 60 degrees of latitude north
- Multiple audio and video inputs and outputs (including Dolby Digital)
- Automatic retraction at vehicle start
- High-quality craftsmanship and durable materials
- Height: approx. 14 cm
- Weight: approx. 14 kg
- 3-year warranty and reliable service
- HDCI: Receiver with 80 GB hard disk for approx. 40 hours of recording time for your favourite TV shows, time-shift function for viewing programmes while recording, 2.5“ shock- and vibration-proof hard disk, 2 CI slots for encrypted programmes.(module and card not included).
- DVB-T: Receiver with integrated DVB-T tuner for digital terrestrial reception. (DVB-T antenna not included).
The Caro Oyster Satellite system is well worth the cost and is easy to use and opperate.
For More information please use the link below.